Saturday 24 September 2011

Whist drive!!

Yesterday we went tot he hospital- again and guess what no boot!!!! I am sure it has not even been ordered and quite frankly yesterday at 5:00 I hated Nigeria, I hated Lagos and was all for catching the first flight home!!!
People who know me know that I do not handle disappointment well and oscillate between high and low rapidly. After leaving the Reddington, with me very very close to tears, we stopped at the French deli to buy some plums. (imported from France do not even ask the price but they look and taste like plums and are not bruised/split/manky) and Remy, the owner who we have become friendly with managed to cheer me up, he sad we all swing from love to hate here but overall it is good and he is right. So we bought good chese, ham and wine and life looked better.

The WHIST Tournament - was fantastic. We played crazy whist where you change partners each hand and each hand there is a twist eg you have to lose/ 2 is high not ace etc. We had 4 hours of good fun and good company and the food was amazing, a range of curries and Nigerian food (must make my yam porridge today the eel in the fridge is looking at me mournfully) and even more surprising Carl enjoyed himself.

Our driver has had to leave Lagos this weekend as his mother has been taken ill, and holding my newly acquired driving license I am venturing forth today. You may think so what you are driving, but you are not in Lagos. It is NOTHING to be driving down a road designed for two lanes of traffic and a car to decide to make a third lane and drive straight at you whilst 5 ocadas (little motorbikes that carry anything upto 6 people!) swerve in and behind you. Carl said it is not fair for me to drive while he has a bad leg and can't get out of the car and run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment