Friday 16 September 2011

Friday 16th September

I can't believe we have been in Nigeria for a month!
Well, the hair cut went really well, my hairdresser, Wonderous, although at first a little hesitant (she said she hadn't cut European hair for a long time ) did a fabulous job and Stella did the best pedicure I have ever had - bar none! The hard skin on my feet gave up the battle when she started with the file!!!! and the total for a pedicure, cut and blowdry was N3500 or £14.00, I usually pay £14.00 for just a pedicure in Ebbw Vale, and as you know the cost of my hair is not to be disclosed although my darling daughter who is checking my credit card and paying the bills NEARLY let it slip!!! Where is the mother daughter solidarity?
The tailor- obviously Friday was a Nigerian Friday and not a real Friday, he didn't turn up!!!but when he does I will post the pictures.
My day was normal, it was sunny, happy, and as always very well behaved. When children can moderate their own behaviour and are keen to learn like the children in my school, it frees up so much time and you can purposely interact with all of the children not just the few who take up all of your time at home.
However Carl's day wasn't so good  and here for the first time he is going to write a bit of the blog...

Well,last night I grumbled about the cast on my leg so much that Florrie Nightshirt (aka Susan) unravelled everything and redid it.We were both pleased at the cut (too low for me to lie about it being a duelling scar) but it is still a bit hot which is why the doc put me back on antibiotics.
I have to say ,Susan has missed her calling--she put everything back together far better than they did at the hospital and the whole job was sooo much more comfortable.
Friday started as normal and Susan went off to work leaving me to make myself beautiful and then to lie on the sofa all day.
I had just started to get twitchy when the fire alarms went off--everyone congregated on the landing to decide if we should evacuate when the building Superintendent (a great guy called Andy) turned up to tell us it was a false alarm --great! we all return to our apartments (remember we are on the second floor ) and I just get comfortable again,when Security come bundling in telling me to leave the building by the stairs.
I get up and there is a long silence when they see my leg. Offers were made to carry me down the four flights of stairs which I politely and firmly refused having visions of everyone landing at the bottom of the stairs in a heap with more broken bits.I eventually made it to the ground floor after about ten minutes and a lot of cussing under my breath ,just in time for them to tell me that it was,really,honestly, truly a fault in a flat in the next block and we can all go home---aaarrrgghh.but I went back upstairs in the lift.
To cheer him up and say goodbye to our temporary driver Festus I took them both to the ice-cream factory. Festus has become quite addicted to cherry ice-cream because whenever we go we , obviously, buy 2 scoops for him as well, and he had never had really good ice-cream before. He said next week when he is on holiday he will buy one scoop for his wife who has never tasted ice-cream!
And my treat? a medicinal Gin and Tonic- enjoy the weekend ! We are going to the Pier Harbour annual sale  tomorrow (Lord alone knows what that is!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment