Wednesday 7 September 2011

Wednesday 7th

First of all Carl's operation went off very well. I saw him at 12:00 when they were just bringing hil back from recovery. He was in pain but fine. We saw the surgeon, who explained that he had used very long screws in his bone (didn't have any smaller available) but not to worry because they are only sticking into soft tissue and on the inside of his leg anyway so he wouldn't notice!! the Nigerian complete truth and real frankness is sometimes  too much. We saw the Xray we didn't notice the screws were too long!!!

But now to another Eriksson dose of luck- On Monday we engaged a steward (At Carl's request) Beatrice comes in every day between 10 and 3:00. She seems really nice and she makes the bed so tight you can't get into it but soooo neat. Anyway I am in the car with my driver Waheed going to the hospital, when he gets a phone call from the Provost (facility manager) at our complex. Why Andy phoned Waheed instead of me I don't know. Anyway, Beatrice had gone onto the balcony to clean the floor and the air conditioners and for some un-fathomable reason she had shut the sliding door behind her, and got herself imprisoned on the balcony. She apparently was shouting for a while before she was seen. So no problem I thought, I asked Waheed to take my key, go back to the flat and let the poor woman free. BUT guess what, Beatrice had locked the front door and left her key in the lock so Waheed couldn't open the door. Two hours later, Andy managed to get an extra long ladder (we are on the second floor) climbed up with a carpenter and took the patio door off, let her out and then refitted the door.
Talk about baptism of fire to Nigeria - I don't want to think what will come next.
Mind you I did have a laugh because Beatrice is not what you could call slender, in fact she is, what is known as "traditionally built" and I thought she had had to climb down the ladder!
Can't wait for Carl to come home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment