Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tuesday 13th

Today, the tailor arrived. I spoke to my amazing deputy head Tina about a Nigerian outfit to wear on Independence day  (1st October) He came into my office, measured me - arms, waist hips length etc  and then brought out a magazine for me to choose my style. I chose a very traditional long outfit and then came the fabric. I duly chose a very, very bright pink material (If you are going to do - do it) and I asked him if he could make Western styles as well. So he looked at my Paul Costelloe fitted shift dress (cost well over the £150 I told Carl), measured me again, we looked at material again ( a slightly less busy purple fabric) and said Friday. I thought he wanted the school administrator who is named Friday, got him and amidst laughter we worked out that he would bring BOTH dresses to me on Friday (2 days time) and the cost for fabric and 2 made to measure dresses N10000- about £40.00. I shall post the photos of me wearing them on Friday- watch this space!!!!.
If I think they are tooo bad, (oh me of little faith but he only had a scrap of paper to write down my measurements and a lot of Nigerian ladies are really big ) Carl said he will post them. He is looking to get his own back after the notorious facebook photo (if you haven't seen it log on it is funny).

No comments:

Post a Comment