Wednesday 14 September 2011

Wednesday 14th

Carl went to the Reddington Hospital to have his leg re-dressed today. All OK but he needed more anti-biotics and still can't put his foot to the floor. He is slowly going mad stuck in the flat all day. So, to cheer him up tonight, as Huw would say, "We visited the Colonel!!" Yep KFC is in Lagos. I bought a bargain bucket of chicken, fries and coleslaw it looked exactly the same as at home- globalisation is everywhere or is it?
We duly tucked in but the coating was definitely more Nigerian than UK sura spices abounded it was HOT! and the coleslaw, not carrot but yam. It was still nice, but as so many things are, it was different, not worse but decidedly different.
I am worried about tomorrow, I am visiting the hairdresser and anyone who knows me well knows that I am a one hairdresser girl and book up with Ken Picton months ahead and I am too embarrassed to tell people how much a cut let alone highlights cost, I have effectively lied to Carl for 6 years so I am not going to tell you how much it costs in Cardiff but I know it is a tiny fraction of the cost here but what will it be like? What with the tailor and the hairdresser I may be a changed person by Friday!!! Thank God they had gin in Park and Shop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment