Sunday 9 October 2011

Very quick update

The gala dinner was amazing and I will write in depth about it later if you are fortunate enough(!) to get Africa's premier channel MNET  you would have seen me many many times as I was interviewed and had to do bits for them all night.- oh and the pink dress was VERY BRIGHT (puce even) on air. I am so shattered I wasn't going to blog tonight, but you know how I say things are different in Nigeria, not better not worse but different/ well it is a lie!!!". Tonight I dropped onto the stone kitchen floor a whole bottle of soy sauce- it went everywhere. So I get one of the four mops that we now have (each one we've bought, Beatrice, our steward/maid/woman of many parts has not liked) and I duly went to clean it up. The mops are total rubbish!!! different yes but certainly worse. I now know how to make money in Nigeria- import Vileda mops. When we go home at Christmas I am going to buy a ruck of them!

I can't believe I have just spent 10 minutes of my life talking about mops but I now know that Beatrice wasn't fussy- the mops are rubbish but they are the best you can buy.

Stop press - fresh milk has been discontinued in shop rite! is was only a promotion!! life as we know it might end, but I head a rumour that La Pointe imports milk on a Wednesday. Do you see what my life is deteriorating into - talking about mops and milk. The joy of an ex-pat lifestyle!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment